Product SKU: KWS 35250003
The KW Variant 3 "inox-line" coilover kit is the ideal tool for performance-oriented drivers and experienced tuning enthusiasts who place a strong emphasis on the overall performance of their suspension. The Variant 3 features patented TVR-A and TVC-A technology that provides separately adjustable rebound and compression damping. The extensive adjustment range of the independently configurable rebound and compression make it easy to directly influence the steering behavior, directional stability, grip and handling characteristics for confident and repeatable results at the limit of driving dynamics.
The two-stage, patented TVR-A (Twin Valve Rebound - Adjustable) technology enables a small volume of oil to flow through an adjustable, conically shaped, low-speed bypass during low damper speeds, while in the case of higher damper speeds, the main rebound stage valve opens allowing a larger volumn of oil to flow. This provides a big improvement in terms of ride comfort without influencing the safety-relevant high-speed range. There are 16 precise clicks available for individual settings, so you can choose between more comfort or more body control.
With 12 precise clicks, the KW Variant 3 coilovers utilize TVC-A (Twin Valve Compression - Adjustable) technology and can increase or decrease the flow of valve to achieve either more or less low speed compression damping. During sudden high speed impulses the spring loaded needle valve and the spring loaded main valve open to their maximum valve cross section, acting as a digressive blow-off characteristic to avoid transmitting undesired forces through the suspension into the chassis. This provides a better platform for the vehicle body and at the same time offers more comfort than with conventional valve technology during high wheel acceleration. The dampers come preset to our baseline shock settings right out of the box providing an optimal starting place for your car while providing a wide adjustment window for true performance optimization.
With KW Variant 3 coilovers you can achieve maximum lowering within an approved lowering range that ensures a proper functioning suspension with adequate travel after your car is lowered. Even after years of use you can easily adjust the ride height thanks to the dirt resistant trapezoid thread and composite adjustment collar. As with all KW coilovers our engineers develop vehicle specific damper and spring specifications which undergo comprehensive testing on the Nürburgring Nordschleife and in our KW 7-post Driving Dynamic Test Center. With a KW Variant 3 coilover kit the driving experience is more dynamic and direct.
- Customized Suspension Lowering - KW coilover suspensions, KW coilover springs, and KW DLC AirSuspensions allow the suspension to be steplessly lowered within the framework of the certified technical component report.
- Rebound - The rebound stage damping is precisely tuned to the respective vehicle on our in-house drive dynamics test facility, with the setting fixed in the mid range.
- Compression (Low) - Two-Step Compression Stage Valve with Low-Speed. The patented compression stage valve with TVC-A technology features two separate spring pre-tensioned valves for small and large volume flow.
- Composite Spring Seat - The KW coilover spring seat is made from a wear resistant and friction-optimized polyamide composite material with a stainless steel insert.
- Trapezoidal Thread - In comparison to common coilovers, KW uses a friction -optimized and dirt insensitive trapezoidal thread.
- INOX-LINE - KW’s coilover suspension struts are manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that is rust-proof.
- Reservoir - The use of KW reservoirs provides additional volume for additional oil and additional cooling capacity for particularly high-stressed systems.
- KW 7-Post Driving Dynamics Test - Used regularly by automobile manufacturers and international racing teams, KW’s in-house 7-post drive dynamics test facility optimally tunes the KW coilover suspensions according to the design and target group.
- TVR-A Rebound Stage - The two-step, patented TVR-A technology enables the small volume to flow through an adjustable, conical low-speed bypass in the case of slow damper speeds, while in the case of higher piston speeds, the main rebound stage valve opens for the large volume flows.
- TVC-A Compression Stage - The patented compression stage valve with TVC-A technology features two separate spring pre-tensioned valves for low and high volume flows.
- 96-00 Honda Civic; Coupe, Hatchback, Sedan with rear lower fork mounts