Product SKU: RED 50604
Since most GL-5 gear oils for differentials are too slippery for manual transmissions, Red Line offers these products that ensure proper shifting while providing ultimate wear protection
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- GL-4 gear oil is safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage
- Offers quicker shifts, A perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified
- MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 - Popular in Toyota/Lexus LF 75W, BMW X-Drive and other transfer cases transfer cases calling for Shell TF0870
- MTL 75W80 GL-4 - We invented the performance manual trans gear oil market with MTL.
- MT-85 75W85 GL-4 - Our intermediate viscosity for Korea's finest and a few others, too.
- MT-90 75W90 GL-4 - The most popular, the most viscosity, the most applications.
- 75W90NS GL-5 - NS means non-slip, for transaxles that need hypoid-protection and smooth shifting
- 75W140NS GL-5 - Big protection but not slippery, for certain trans and diff applications.