Product SKU: LNK TST185X
Free yourself from the constraints of the factory ECU. The Link G4X MR2Link V1 TST185 Plug In fits the Toyota MR2 and Celica ST185. The ECU PCB fits discretely inside the original factory enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link Plug-and-Play ECU is compatible with the following (manual transmission only):
- Toyota MR2 USDM (SW20) from 1991 to 1992
- Toyota MR2 JDM (SW20) from 1989 to 1991
- Toyota Celica Alltrac/GT-Four ST185 (except the RC/Carlos Sainz)
Installation of Link's ECU is a breeze with no alteration of the factory wiring loom required. A built-in connector (or pins in some models) provides additional inputs and outputs such as oil pressure inputs or anti-lag / logging switches.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor -The factory MAP sensor is supported. This capable of measuring up to 1.24Bar (18psi) boost. If higher boost pressures are required then an aftermarket external MAP sensor may be used and connected to the factory MAP sensor wiring. The factory airflow meter is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – If the engine is a model with an airflow meter installed from factory it will have an IAT sensor fitted inside the air flow meter . While this factory IAT sensor is supported by the G4X plug-in ECU on naturally aspirated engines, the factory air flow meter would need to be kept in place to use the IAT sensor. For the engines that do not have an AFM, there will be a factory IAT that can also be used on naturally aspirated cars. For best results we recommend an alternative IAT sensor to be fitted to the intake or intercooler pipe just prior to the plenum entrance (available separately). This may use the existing IAT wiring or connect to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Boost control – The factory boost solenoid wiring on the MR2 and Celica turbo variants may be used, however an appropriate boost solenoid must be used (available separately).
- Injectors – The G4X plug in is designed to be used with high impedance injectors. Low impedance injectors may only be used with ballast resistors. Luckily, the MR2 and Celica models have low impedance injectors with a factory-fitted ballast system so no changes are necessary. DO NOT remove the factory fitted ballast resistors unless the injectors are changed to a high impedance type.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.