The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Honda plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link Plug-and-Play ECU is compatible with the following (manual transmission only):
- Honda Integra Type R DC5 2002-2004 with K20A/K20A2/K20A3 Engine
- Acura RSX 2002-2004 with K20A/K20A2/K20A3 Engine
- Honda Civic Type R EP3 2001-2005 with K20A Engine
- Honda Civic Si/SiR 2001-2005 with K20A3
- Honda Civic DX/LX/HX 2001-2005 with D17A1/A2/A3 Engine
- Honda CR-V 2002-2004 with K24A1 Engine
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This G4X K20 plug-in has a built-in 7-bar MAP sensor which is recommended over the factory MAP sensor. The factory MAP sensor is supported and is suitable for up to 175kpa (11psi) boost.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) -The factory IAT sensor is supported. To avoid issues of heat soak an alternative IAT sensor can be fitted just prior to the throttle body & connected to the existing IAT wires.
- Electronic Boost Control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost control solenoid must be fitted. If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The G4X plug-in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All of the models this G4X plug-in ECU is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if low impedance aftermarket injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connector on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.