Product SKU: LNK MX5NB2X
he Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Mazda plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4X Mazda MX5/Miata plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
Mazda MX5 / Miata 2001-05 (Facelift) 1800cc BP engine VVT
Mazda MX5 / Miata 2004-05 Mazdaspeed 1800cc BPT engine non-VVT
Please note: This ECU does not fit NA, NC, ND models. This unit is only suitable for the ECU on the 2001-2005 NB-Chassis. Please confirm that your ECU connector matches the header in the listed photo before purchasing.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The MX5/Miata G4X plug-in is provided with an on board 4-Bar or 7-Bar MAP sensor. This is suitable for up to 300kpa (44psi) boost. The on board & external MAP sensors are also suitable for naturally aspirated applications. The airflow sensor is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – For naturally aspirated applications the factory IAT sensor is supported and is suitable to use. For forced induction a suitable IAT sensor should be fitted just prior to the throttle body. This should then be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Electronic Boost Control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost control solenoid must be fitted. If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All of the Mazda models this G4X plug is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if low impedance aftermarket injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted.
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) – Both cable-driven throttle and E-throttle applications are supported. The factory fitted Throttle-Position Sensor (TPS) can be used or for E-Throttle applications, a dedicated Expansion Connector can be set up for proper function.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
NOTE: This Plug-in features a new 4 pin powered CAN connector and cannot use the old CANPCB cable for CAN connection. Use the CANJST4 (Link PN 101-0198) cable for connecting CAN devices. This new 4 pin port and cable provide not only the CAN connection, but also a protected 12V power supply and ground for powering the CAN devices. The power supply is protected by a self-resetting fuse rated at 3A continuous.