Product SKU: RED 58304
Red Line's GL-5 gear oil has been engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of your differential efficiency. Formerly Lightweight gear oil, this new formula contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials, and for most, no additional friction modifiers would be required. This gear oil offers excellent lubrication, a high viscosity index, and the ability to lower operating temperatures, as well as exceeding API GL-5 specifications. Reduce friction for better performance--add the improved formula of Red Line GL-5 gear oil.
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers (except NS) provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- 75W85 GL-5 - Fuel efficient gear oil with friction modifier, used in Toyota, Lexus, and more.
- 75W90 GL-5 - The go-to gear oil for most differentials.
- 75W90NS GL-5 - NS means non-slip, for transaxles that need hypoid-protection and smooth shifting
- 75W110 GL-5 - A favorite of track day gurus, intermediate viscosity for consistent LSD operation.
- 75W140 GL-5 - Deals with high temps like no other gear oil.
- 75W140NS GL-5 - Big protection but not slippery, for certain trans and diff applications.
NOTE: These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (except NS) for proper limited-slip operation.
For non limited-slip applications, use formulas with -NS suffix.