Product SKU: RED 58204
Red Line's GL-5 gear oil has been engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of your differential efficiency. Formerly Lightweight gear oil, this new formula contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials, and for most, no additional friction modifiers would be required. This gear oil offers excellent lubrication, a high viscosity index, and the ability to lower operating temperatures, as well as exceeding API GL-5 specifications. Reduce friction for better performance--add the improved formula of Red Line GL-5 gear oil.
- Unique lubricant with solid microscopic particles offers low drag/high protection
- 40% lower coefficient of friction and 250% of the load carrying capacity of conventional gear oils
- Relatively low viscosity, yet cushions gear teeth under extreme pressure
- Helps to prevent tooth breakage, resists throw-off
- Can be used with pumps and coolers when equipped with an inline screen rather than a fine filter. Avoid pumping down the center of a main shaft as the unique particles could centrifuge out of solution.
- Designed for wet sump transmissions and differentials with splash lubrication
- Superlight Shockproof - Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250, yet low fluid friction like 75W90
- Lightweight Shockproof - Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W140, yet low fluid friction like 80W gear oil or 30W motor oil
- Heavy Shockproof - Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W90, yet low fluid friction like ATF
NOTE: These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (except NS) for proper limited-slip operation.